HALF DAY SANDAKAN NATURE CITY TOUR (CODE SGESDK 002)
Departures: Morning Feeding
0830 hrs ( City Hotels, Sandakan Hotel),
0845 hrs (Sabah Hotel)
Departures: Afternoon Feeding
1330 hrs (City Hotels, Sandakan Hotel)
1345 hrs (Sabah Hotel)
SGESDK 002 : Half Day Sandakan Nature City Tour
The City Tour includes a visit to Sandakan Memorial Park, which is adjacent to the site of the original Sandakan Prisoner of War (POW) Camp. The park commemorates the sacrifice and suffering endured by both Australian and British soldiers who were held by the Japanese as Prisoners of War between 1942 and 1945. The Puu Jih Shih Buddhist Temple, located on a steep hill top where you can have a magnificent view overlooking Sandakan Bay and the Town Centre. Then, continue to one of the oldest church in Sabah, St. Michael’s Church where you can see a century old building where Christianity is preached. Drive to the Central Market where you can see the local produce and fresh seafood being sold. Visit to the Agnes Keith Museum to learn about the life in the colonial days on Agnes & Harry Keith. Harry was the first conservator of the Forestry Department in Sabah and Agnes was the author of the three famous books called Land Below The Wind, Three Came Home and White Man Returns. Stop at the nearby English Tea House where you may have another spectacular view of Sandakan Nature City. Here, you may have your own choices of refreshment (own account).
Highlights: Sandakan Memorial Park, Puu Jih Shih Buddhist Temple, St. Michael’s Church, Central Market, Agnes Keith Museum& English Tea House.
What to bring (recommendations):
Raincoat (wet season Nov-Feb), cap/hat, insect repellent, sun cream, good walking shoes, socks, comfortable cotton T-shirt with long or short pant, binocular, camera and personal medications.
Terms & Conditions :
- All the above are all EX – SDK city hotels only based on minimum 2 pax & above with SIC (Seat in Coach)
- Outskirts surcharge applies for outskirts hotel.
- Tours based on first come first serve basis on SIC (Seat in Coach) guided with English Speaking Guide.
- We reserve the rights to CANCEL/ALTER the tours of the programmed if it is necessary due to unforeseen circumstances for the guest’s safety.
- Child age 2~11 years : 20% discount from adult’s rate.
- No REFUNDABLE for unused tour and 100% cancellation will be charged for tours cancel within 24 hrs.
- Tipping for Tour Guide & Driver is not included.
- Validity 01 April 2020 – 31 March 2021.
- All prices are quoted in MYR (Ringgit Malaysia).
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice or FUEL HIKE.